Friday, November 5, 2010

Alot of excitement at Rydal Park the last 2-3 weeks. The topping off ceremony was a fun event. Residents and staff enjoyed signing the final beam. One resident told me, "I will now haunt Rydal forever". A flag was hung from the beam as it was taken to the top. It was a very moving ceremony.
How proud we are of all of our staff. The longevity of some of our employees is phenomal. The employee recognition dinner was enjoyed by all who attended. The honorees came in the next day with some cell-phone pictures, and the program to share with the people who did not attend.
One of our employees has been here 35 years. UNBELIEVABLE. When I asked that employee,"how did you do it?", she replied, "I really love this place, the people I work with, the residents I have met over the years. Never once did I want to quit. Rydal Park is a great place to work". With her enthusiasm, I hope she is here for another 35 years. She is quite infectious.(It doesn't hurt that she is a Phillies fan too).
Rydal held it's annual Holiday bazaar on November 3rd. One of our male heart team members makes a lovely red velvet cake when we have our inservices. I understand that he made red-velvet cupcakes that were devoured within seconds. Evidence of the cupcakes where found on many resident and employee faces.
Club room is almost finished as well as the lobby area. Residents are buzzing about where they will sit. It is a beautiful area. Opening soon, the staff and residents cannot wait.
Michelle Sysol, Administrative Assistant Wellness Center tied the knot last week. Congrats to her for a long and happy life with her husband Oscar.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! Now the goal will be to have EVERY employee feeling exactly the same way. You are off to a great start! Congratulations to Michelle and her new husband.

    ReplyDelete