Monday, August 30, 2010

A pound cake thought

As the staff and I are implementing the Service From the Heart model we have started to notice a few things.

I am sure we always knew that when you reach a hand to help a ear to hear and a heart to care you also get the benefit. As we are reaching out to the residents remembering to offer a smile a warm hello and a caring touch we are noticing the residents (not all) are following our examples.
reaching out to each other in more compassionate ways.

We always were the beneficiaries of the residents kind nature , they would make us cookies, cake etc you get the picture( I was a mere shell of myself when I started) As our work became more complicated and after months of the construction and confusion we stopped getting these treats. My diet was happy but it did make us all wonder what happened? I think that we the staff and I forgot our smiles our touches and we did not show are hearts as much because we were so hectic. This may or may not be the reason. WE have all started back to the basics of caring for our residents and showing it. Today We all got home made pound cake.

2 comments:

  1. Paula,

    You are becoming quite the blogger!

    Thank you for sharing your insights. I think we all get caught up in the chaos that is our everyday lives, and forget to appreciate those around us.

    Thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula,

    What great insight - and such a wonderful result that is already starting to happen just by noticing how much "embracing excellence" counts! Congratulations! I hope many more pound cakes come as a result of smiles you give residents!

    Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete