Hey gang! Over on my professional facebook page we're having a discussion about employee engagement strategies. One of the "fans" of my page shared this example, which I just had to share with you.
"when i took on a middle management position a few years ago, I met with each of my team leaders individually in their own bailiwicks (their office or workshop, what have you) and sat with each one asking them what they considered to be the... most important parts of their jobs, and how they saw themselves and their departments growing as time went on. I then asked them as a sort of wish list or 'if you had your druthers' what tools, personnel etc they might need to accomplish these goals. I took these things to heart, and tried to fulfill at least one of them immediately, (a new sewing machine here, a new part time volunteer crew there, etc) and then worked with them to realize these goals as time progressed. The stunned, appreciative looks on their faces when I asked these things they had rarely, if ever, been asked before, said it all. I love team building." Brian Belge
This is an EXCELLENT example of how to listen to your team members and show them that you are going to give them Presby's Service from the HEART.
By the way, if any of you want to follow my facebook page from home, you can find it at www.facebook.com/donnacutting
Let me ask you this: How do you plan to give Presby's Service from the HEART to your employees?
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment